The focus on violence in America is a major priority right now. Particularly in the African/American community. But, Are we willing to do what is necessary re-orient our youth. .... And, Americans as a whole into denouncing violence. here is my prescription:
1) Massive Media Campaign ... with youth in the forefront, DENOUNCING VIOLENCE.
2) ADULTS also must denounce violence and create a non-violent social order. But, can American social policy denounce violence. Local and Foreign Imperialism is a fact of Life right now.
3) Promote responsible use of firearms .... Cheetahs never attack Lions! (I wonder why?).
4) Did you know that more murders are committed with perps under the influence of Alcohol than any other substance? .... Are we ready to Ban Alcoholic Beverages? (socially not legally)
5) Community Oriented Policing, with youth protectors trained in the proper use of firearms. (This will take intense orientation. In the Black Community I would link this to Rights Of Passage procedures. Heavy Emphasis on community protection, instead of Community Exploitation.
* 6) Re-evaluate our system of "Values". (White Corporate Control of Our Youth, via VH-1, MTV, Sony Records) supports gangstah Rap and its value system .... We must declar wars on this ... Dr. C. Delores Tucker, started an excellent one woman campaign in the 90's we need to continue that struggle.
Addictions to violence can be cured when one admits they have a problem. Stop and Frisk Activity such as the ones taking place in New York, diverts and masks the profile of those who really have the greatest propensity towards violence. Once we get those individuals to admit THEY have a problem, then we can begin implementing a cure.